Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Beer Frontier

Yeah I guess I'm a bit slow on the uptake, but I recently learnt of a 13-part show that appeared on Channel 31 in Melbourne, late 2010. It's on the ubiquitous yoochoob, of course.

"The Beer Frontier" is hosted by a couple of knockabout blokes, Gage Rossiter and Robert Jackson. Each episode deals with a particular style of beer, evaluating local and imported offerings. Gage will visit a local (read Victorian) brewery, while additional segments on homebrewing and cooking with beer are provided by Ben Lee & Enzo Frisini respectively.

I've now seen the first five episodes, and am overall quite impressed. It's the sort of thing I long dreamt of doing myself.

It's a bit hit-and-miss in some areas. There's the occasional factual error, and sometimes Gage tends to come across as a little bit too self-serious (as opposed to Robert who can barely hide his eagerness to open the next bottle - my kinda bloke), but these are only occasional hiccups in an otherwise worthy production.

To paraphrase the guys (and Miles Barlow)........  4 stars.

2 comments:

  1. The Beer Frontier is committed to correcting errors of fact. please see
    http://www.beer-reviews-and-ratings.com/media-ethics.html
    If you could let me know what errors we have made I will publish corrections on the website.
    Gage

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that response, Gage. I will do so shortly.
    Cheers,
    Mike

    ReplyDelete

australianplanet.com
Aussie Beer Blog is in

Aussie Beer Blog

Aussie Beer Blog