Friday, June 18, 2010

Brew Day - Dave's IPA

Saturday 19th June, 2010

11:00 am. I planned to have an outdoor boil. I have a three-ring burner and, so I thought, a full gas cylinder. Set up the brick pile, the burner, the ingredients..... no cylinder.  It seems that my full cylinder, plus my regulator and adaptor hoses, have all disappeared.... Not happy, so it's up to the kitchen...

11:15 am.  Anyway.... got the boiler pot into the kitchen and onto the stove.  Heated three litres of water to 70 C, and dropped in the kilo of mixed grain (in a pantihose leg, tied off..... makes removal and rinsing so much easier.....).  Just waiting 'til 11:40 for the rinse (aka "sparge").   Contemplating getting some inspiration for the style being brewed..... Ekim Viking IPA perhaps ?

12:07 pm. Grains are rinsed, the dry malt & bittering hops are in the brew pot, and I have also put the two Morgans tins of liquid malt extract in also. I know I said I wasn't going to, but it seems a lot easier to empty the tins now into the pot, rather than via a funnel into the glass fermenter.  Now waiting for the lot to boil, then another 45 minutes before adding the flavouring hops.

Time for a beer review.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

australianplanet.com
Aussie Beer Blog is in

Aussie Beer Blog

Aussie Beer Blog