Sunday, June 20, 2010

Dave's IPA - brew progress

The beer has been "in utero" now for two days. Yesterday, a thin, white slick appeared on the surface, indicating the yeast was waking up and getting into the growth phase.

Today, I have a beer with three extra inches of grungy, rocky krausen, and the airlock is bubbling at a rate of every 2 seconds. The temperature in my cellar is about 15C, so it's not what you'd call vigorous; it is, however, steady.

I should point out that I failed to record an original gravity, which of course means that tha ABV will remain a mystery.  And as I topped the fermenter up with water, I judged by sight when I stop. So, two uncontrolled variables that will prevent an accurate OG and ABV measurement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

australianplanet.com
Aussie Beer Blog is in

Aussie Beer Blog

Aussie Beer Blog